Men have more of a tendency to develop belly fat, especially as they age. Being less active as you age doesn’t help when it comes to losing belly fat, or your health.
Even with some guys who age gracefully and still develop beer bellies, others who drink beer, don’t develop a beer belly. To add a little more confusion to the picture, there are men who develop belly fat even though they never drink any type of alcohol.
There’s No Hiding
A well dressed and sexy man can quickly turn heads in a heartbeat even if his not-so-sexy belly fat can be temporarily hidden under a sports jacket, or designer sweat shirt. The problem is that it’s still there under his clothing. When the clothing comes off, you’re not greeted by a buff physique in the mirror. And, looking like a naked Santa with or without the beard, doesn’t fuel female passion for an evening of love making.
Many men from various countries have issues with alcohol and belly fat, or belly fat without the alcohol. An equally large number of them are trying to figure out how to lose belly fat fast. If you’re part of this group, would you say you’re happy with your Love Handles, Beer Belly, or Muffin Top nickname? Let me guess — probably not. I’m going to cover some tips that will help you make that change.
What Causes Beer Bellies?
There are many reasons why beer bellies develop, along with circumstances that can help contribute to a beer belly. And, it may also include other types of alcohol. As far as circumstances, this development of belly fat also frequently happens after couples get married, or permanently move in together.
OK ladies, no one’s letting you off the hook either — we just figured we’d let the guys go first. So guys and gals, you’ve finally found the woman, or man of your dreams by some miracle of fate, and that’s wonderful. But packing on excess pounds simply because you’re in your comfort zone doesn’t cut it.
Maybe you’re consuming way too many six packs, or frozen and swirled margaritas along with tasty, high calorie snacks. Although everything tastes wonderful, this is far from sexy, or healthy behavior. Moreover, when alcohol is consumed, the liver burns alcohol instead of fat, and alcohol can also increase your appetite.
Learn the Calorie Basics
The average woman should consume around 2000 calories per day to maintain her existing body weight, and 1500 calories to lose one pound of weight per week. An average man requires 2500 calories to maintain, and 2000 to lose one pound of weight per week. In fact, let’s do the math drill with one frozen and swirled margarita in a 32 oz glass, you will be consuming 600 calories, no fat, 120 grams of carbohydrate and no protein. Fortunately, frozen margaritas are not terribly high in sodium with only 88 milligrams per 32-ounce serving, but the sugar content is not ideal at 156 grams.
Keeping these figures in mind, with two margaritas each, which is very easy to do in your favorite Mexican restaurant, a large percentage of healthy and balanced calories that should be consumed to meet the body’s nutritional needs have been replaced by the calories in the margaritas. And, if you’ve had a beer or two waiting for your sweetheart to join you, there will be more added calories involved along with the calories in your dinner. and finger food. Hopefully, you will both skip desert.
How to Lose a Beer Belly
All of the above is part of the reason why information covering how to get rid of belly fat won’t do a bit of good if you continue to consume more calories than you burn. There also has to be a commitment on your part to make it happen along with the understanding that losing belly fat will take time.
- Studies suggest that smoking may increase the odds of developing belly fat. So, ditch the cigarettes just to be on the safe side. They’re bad for you under any circumstances, but you know that.
- Waist circumference that exceeds the recommend amounts of 35 inches for women and 40 for men is associated with an increased health risks such as metabolic syndrome, heart disease, and a shorter life span.
- The other health risks of belly fat include the potential of an increase in high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, and type 2 diabetes. If you do have a slightly high blood pressure, losing some weight can have an amazing difference on your pressure because it weight loss can lower pressure naturally without drugs.
- There’s no magic pill to help get rid of belly fat. You need a can do attitude, a slow weight loss program without starving yourself, and increased activity. Join a gym and walk to work, unless the weather is miserable. Take the stairs whenever possible, but increase your activity slowly.
- Forget binge drinking. Beer drinkers should choose light beer that contains 100 calories, or less. Have some healthy food and water when you enjoy a drink. Government guidelines recommend one serving per day for women and two for men. If you can eliminate any alcohol for a day or two, by all means do so.